I am a Licensed Independent Social Worker-Clinical Practice (LISW-CP) working with individuals, couples and families. I specialize in Family Systems Therapy which means I am particularly interested in many circumstances that surround the problem that brings you in to see me. I think within a session or two you will know if this approach is helpful to you.
In addition to private practice I have enjoyed teaching Family Systems Theory at several local universities in the Kansas City area: University of Missouri, Kansas City and Ottawa University.
Personally, I use making pottery and ceramics to calm, center and replenish myself. I invite you to visit my pottery website at www.moonriverpottery.com
Education & Certification
- Master of Social Work Degree , University of Kansas , Lawrence , Kansas
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Education , University of Missouri , Columbia , Missouri
- Associate of Arts Degree, Stephens College, Columbia Missouri
- Lifetime Teaching Certificate , State Of Missouri
- Menninger Foundation Postgraduate Two Year Family Therapy Training Program for Community Practitioners
- Menninger Foundation Advanced Seminar (two years) Bowen Family Systems Theory and Therapy , The Menninger Foundation
- Prairie Center Bowen Theory Postgraduate Program , Manhattan, Kansas , Coaching by Dr. Daniel Papero from Georgetown Family Center .
- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker , state of Kansas
- Licensed Independent Social Worker - Clinical Practice , state of South Carolina